Follow me!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

BAMP YOU OFF YOUR FEET!

Actually, I'm not sure how to get started on this blogpost because I've 2 options to consider.
1) blogging about mainstream and general stuff
2) blogging about camp, which is gonna take ages and it might be a tad boring.

Well, since I'm not going out to meet Stel anymore, I shall just use this spare time to try and blog a post about camp and I'll try to make it as short as possible! :)

WARNING, PICTURE HEAVY!


Day 1

  • Icebreaking games (as usual)
  • Played cards
  • Camwhoring using Germaine's DSLR
  • Nightwalk
Nothing much to mention about, because day 1's all about meeting new peeps and getting to know each other better.
sabertooth! (Y)

Theme of the camp was cartoon characters, 12 in total, PPG, Mojojojo, Sabertooth, Wolverine, Dr Oct, Penguin, Hercules, Batman, Spiderman, Mary Jane, Medusa!

our mascot! sabertooth. LOL
batman's mascot LOL.
Storyline: Batman had this powerful surgical tool which he created and it was stolen. Groups had to be alert at all times to find the clue to whoever stole this surgical tool!
ice breaking games!


part of the GLs who were hiding in the room to scare us!
The only highlight of the day was the nightwalk, where we had to find clues to solve the mystery of 'which cartoon character stole the surgical tool' through a 'search room' and a 'task room'!


And oh, we played indian poker, and the losing 8 had to go to other group's rooms to do forfeits!

room they forfeited in!
angkong siao! he got this as a door-entry gift LOL.

Day 2
  • Dirty/wet games
  • Campfire + performance
  • HTHT (heart to heart talk) + playing cards

girls in sabertooth! me, rachel, audrey :)
Hahha day 2 is usually the most fun of all! Because by then, everyone would have more or less warmed up to each other & this is where the fun starts :)
passing pingpongball 3 times w/o dropping
finding & picking up polo sweets through the flour using straws!
trying frantically to blow the ping pong ball off the water. LOL
And so, the day started off with the wet games! 
With a total of 7 wet games, we got ourselves all muddy and dirty with substances like BUTTER, OIL, TAO SUAN BEANS, CHILI PADI, SOYA SAUCE ETC.

beloved group leader of sabertooh, ZHIHONG! :)
human pyramid!
There were always 2 competing subgroups at each station & the games had unique titles such as 'buttery hotdogs' - where each group was given a slab of butter and the whole group had to finish rubbing the slab of butter on themselves. 

But that's not all!
Next. the 2 groups had to compete in a game of dog and bone where we were required to snatch a bar of soap on a slippery and muddy mat(you know the bluey, pasar malam kind?)

"Fringe up, ain't i cute!"   (yenloong)
epic pic. ezy caught red-handed spraying flour on everyone while posing for a photo!
wanted to run but already kena!

poor grey-haired us! I was helping yujie remove the nail polish!
Therefore, you know where the name BUTTERY HOTDOGS came about right? :)
There was a campfire in the night, the VERY FIRST REAL CAMPFIRE i attended in NP so far!
heng xuan, one of NP's poster boy. LOL don't ask me how I got a picture with him, paiseh experience!
Campfire songs were sung, followed by mass games and performances by each big group (the group I am in + our ally group)
SABERTOOTH! ^^
the other beloved sabertooth leader, RACHEL! (Y)
The performances had to be based on clues we found from the nightwalk, but our group deviated from the clues instead HAHAH.

Our performance was cute, but we kinda screwed it up, probably cos we were too soft!

Day 3
  • Bamp cheers
  • Group bidding for presents using our point system
  • Camwhoring
  • Say byebye!
ZHIHONG & me!
A card the sweet leaders did specially for each of us! I think only our group received sth like that :)  RACHEL & me!
Bonded people ftw(Y)
this photo lighting likka chio only so i just upload! :)  FIONA  & me!
197cm tall can u believe it! YUJIE & me!





Overall, the camp was quite a good experience. 
I did get to meet more new friends, though not as much as I would have liked! 
But I shan't be greedy, all these friends I've made now, at least I can proudly say that they have once been a fun part of my life 
Wanna thank the people out there for making this camp a joyful experience for me, especially my teammates, the lovely leaders, my bunkmates, and the organising i/c committee! :)And thankfully this camp was a much better experience than other camps I've been to before, no politics and no bad encounters with evil people :
X

No comments:

Post a Comment