Last Saturday was my first experience being to Shangri-La Hotel, yes I know with it being a 5-6* hotel, it's supposed to be real classy and all, though I din't really find its interior that magnificent and gorgeous.
No doubt its carpeted, there're huge chandeliers hanging from the ceilings, good service staff, but not really as breathtakingly WOW as I'd expected.
It looked... pretty normal?
BUT... I HAVE TO MENTION THE TOILETS.
![]() |
| Towels for you to dry your hands with combs and whatsnot. |
![]() |
| I like the lights too! |
![]() |
| Notice the doors behind us, the cubicle doors, so classy la! |
Their toilets are great (Y)
As what one aunt mentioned previously, when coming to these kind of ATAS places, definitely must pay a visit to their toilets to really gauge their standard!
Oh, i forgot to take one more picture, of the toilet's seating area when you first enter - its like a mini waiting cum dressing area, with plush chairs and mirrors for you to do touch-ups/sit and rest when tired.
EH THEIR TOILET WAITING AREA IS EVEN MORE CLASS THAN SOME BUDGET HOTEL ROOM CAN.
Thus, I conclude that they are really at least a 5* hotel, BECAUSE OF THEIR TOILETS AND GRACIOUS STAFF :)
Thumbs up for that!
But again.... there's always a downside to everything.
They've provided a good ambience, but not-so-superb food.
And I really mean NOT-SO-SUPERB.
Because for some dishes like their fried rice, I really feel that even any normal zichar stall can cook up a better dish.
And their crab, brocoli, chicken, sharks fin soup, dessert weren't fantastic either.
But it's a freaking $140-150 per pax!
Maybe its due to the huge number of tables that have to be served, 70+ tables if I'm not wrong, and its 10 people per table.
Cooking for 700+ people, there's bound to be inconsistency and time constraints.
But anyway, the wedding was quite a successful one, and congratulations to my cousin and his wife upon the success of their marriage! :)
P/s: I couldn't find any suitable dress to wear on that day, wore my Sec 4 coral red shimmery prom dress, had no matching clutch therefore I used back my gold prom clutch too, and made a fool of myself because my clutch kept shedding its skin the whole day! After several years of not being used, it caked up, hardened, shed its skin all over the carpets of Shangri-La, leaving gold like trails everywhere I went.
SO, SO, EMBARRASSING!






No comments:
Post a Comment