Follow me!

Thursday, October 06, 2011

I almost left the real me on the shelf



18. A problem that you've had

I've had this problem since I was in Primary 6, and its still an ongoing issue.
I am suffering from hair loss. Yes, if you have not read that clearly, I am suffering from HAIR LOSS.
Put it horribly, I am balding in some areas on my scalp. (IMAGINE MY DISTRAUGHT WHEN I FIRST REALISED THIS!!)

I've no idea what caused this, but its definitely not stress, and it can't be due to an unhealthy lifestyle either. Because I think I consume food more healthily than some others, yet I don't see this weighing problem in them.
It's an issue not under my reign of control, and I suspect it's a hereditary kinda thing.
My aunts have tried going for those Beijing 101, Yunnam hair care treatments, and they proved naught. They spent thousands but no effective result was to be seen. And I was warned against going for such treatments.

It really sucks because I've had to suffer with the problem of LOW SELF ESTEEM ever since that tender age of 12, plus I'm not slim like other girls. And sometimes, I'll wonder why of all people did I have to be laden with this stupid woe. I mean, its not a health issue or anything, its something which people don't even bother with! People with naturally thick hair, they can just goddamn comb their hair as many times as they wish, pull and drag the comb through their thick mane when they're in a rush for time etc.
WELL, I CAN'T.
I've to comb through my hair oh so tenderly, treating it like a fragile possession. Even my friends handle my hair with extra care.
I try BY ALL MEANS to avoid getting drenched outside, avoid getting wet in water games during camps and stuff. WHY? To protect clearly visible patches of scalp once my hair starts clumping together.
AND I can't do up my hair in pretty styles no matter HOW BADLY I WANT TO.
A good hairstyle really frames up your face well yeah?

It's coming close to 7 years since I started dealing with this situation, and I've been coping much better as i mature, or maybe I'll just ignore the situation and thank god for blessing me with a great family and live for other happier things.

As long as I believe I'm beautiful, no one else can make me feel otherwise.
Thank god I've lovely friends around me who ain't superficial like that. They love me despite my looks, and they've all accepted me for it. They can even joke and talk to me about it, I can feel comfortable in my own skin(show them my problem and not be embarrassed), and we can laugh it off like its no biggie. ^^

'Its okay not to be okay, just be true to who you are'

Dammit, I was googling about the health effects of cereal, and I've just been enlightened that my favourite cereal is not as WHOLESEOME as I thought it was.

In fact, cereal actually contains alot of carb and sugar, and there's often not enough protein in the meal to slow down insulin response. WHICH MEANS?/?? - easier to get diabetes? lol. 
obviously that won't be the case if you constantly replenish your body with fresh fruits, vegetables and water.


I saw this on a forum. 


'Not to freak everyone out too much, but I'm seeing more and more studies about acrylamide levels in fast foods AND cereals. Acrylamide is a known carcinogen, and the EPA restricts levels in water to a *very* small amount. However, french fries, and even Cheerios (!), are apparently really high in the stuff:'


'The lesson, as far as I can see, is to try to avoid foods containing carbs/starches that have been cooked at too high a temperature. In other words, oatmeal and meusli will work rather well since they aren't *toasted*, if you have particular concerns about carcinogens and such.

I'm still trying to learn more about how damaging this stuff actually is. I'm really annoyed that peanut butter (the natural stuff) is also bad (unless it's raw), 'cause that's been a huge staple for me lately.'


Refer to this data for the amount of Acrylamide in breakfast cereals: http://www.cspinet.org/new/pdf/acrylamide_product_charts.pdf

LIKE SERIOUSLY. Not too long last month, I posted a blogpost on how much me and my family loved cereal. Gotta start consuming eggs and veggies for breakfast instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment