Firstly there are the natural disasters.
1. Earthquakes
2. The recent volcano eruption causing all the volcanic ash to clog the skyways.
Etcetc.
All these happening within a very short span of time!
Secondly, man-made disasters
1. The Gulf's major oil leak situation, which BP is attempting to quickly resolve.
2. Singapore's own oil spill, where a ship crashed onto an oil tanker off Changi waters.
Etcetc.
Just take a look at these horrific pictures I chanced upon, and you'll totally catch the real picture.
(credits to http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/06/caught_in_the_oil.html)
Hey come on, this is tonnes of oil leaking out everyday, harming the eco-nature!
What explains this huge leakage?
Isn't it so ironic when reports constantly mention insufficient supply of oil to last for the long run, yet nothing much can be done to stop the oil from gushing out at such a immense and terrifying rate!!
And take into consideration that this is not just a slight oil trickle, but oil gushing out at a swift rate! - Like more than 50,000 barrels a day.
The damage done by one barrel can already be tremendous, so imagine 50,000 barrels PER DAY. NON-STOP CONTINUOUSLY SPEWING OUT.
Quoted from http://www.examiner.com/x-33986-Political-Spin-Examiner~y2010m5d21-BP-admits-higher-leak-rate-2010-Gulf-oil-spill-now-20-times-worse-then-Exxon-Valdez,
"According to an MSBNC report today, estimates of the total amount of oil spilled so far may be 20 times more than the 10.8 million gallons spilled in the Exxon Valdez disaster in March 1989."
"Right now, the spill is roughly the size of Pennsylvania. That represents one-fifth of the entire amount of water within US borders."
"Seafood from the Gulf will have to be tested for safety for decades. "
By taking the risk to try this new technology of deep sea drilling, BP caused such a fatal environment catastrophe.
IS IT WORTH IT????
On a brighter note,
TAKE A LOOK AT THISSSS!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/europe/10234605.stm
"The world's first hotel made from rubbish has opened its doors in the Italian capital Rome."
Watch this video, and I bet you'll feel inspired to do your part for the environment from now on!P/s: I'm proud to say that I love recycling things for the environment and I practice it constantly! :)
Pp/s: I really cannot stand looking at the first picture. Look at the horrible state the bird is in! To the extent that I cannot even tell what bird species it belongs to. Look at the amount of oil slicked onto its fur! It looks kinda monstrous, I really pity it!!!
HEART PAIN LAAAA.






No comments:
Post a Comment